Monday, October 28, 2019

Book on Children's Animated Movies


When I was about 10 or 11 years old, I came across a book  called Make Your Own Animated Movies , by Yvonne Andersen, at the Athens, GA library.  It was about how children could make their own movies.  The picture to the left is from that book.  It shows a character from the film, “Al Kaseltzer Strikes Again.”  Now, 40 years later, I finally found the book again.  Somehow, parts of it stayed with me all this time.  I remembered enough details to track it down, although I hadn’t remembered the title or the author.  I even got to watch some of the films mentioned in the book, like “$50,000 per Fang” and “The Amazing Colossal Man” on YouTube, films whose titles haunted me for decades.   Still haven’t seen Al Kaseltzer though.  When I was a child I was always jealous that other kids got to do fun and exciting art projects.  Either the schools I went to didn’t have the budget for that sort of thing or I wasn’t the kind of child chosen to participate. 


No comments:

Post a Comment